Here’s a simple exercise: Add up all of the money you paid for electricity in 2020. It’s a big number isn’t it? That’s because you’re currently paying one of the highest electricity prices in America. Utility bills in Connecticut are almost 50% higher than the national average.
Now think about the total amount of money you’ll pay to your utility company over the next 20 or 30 years. Don’t forget that the price will go up every year!
But there is good news: You can pay about HALF that amount by buying and installing solar. Here’s why:
- Our solar systems are designed to last 30 years; most of our customers finance their purchase and pay off their loan in 8-10 years. That means their systems produce FREE electricity for about 20 years!
- The Connecticut Residential Solar Investment Program gives you instant savings
- You pay NO sales tax for buying and installing a residential solar system in Connecticut
- You pay not property tax for your solar system: its value is NOT added to your home’s value
- You will receive a federal tax credit equal to 26% percent of the cost of buying and installing the system
If you lease solar, on the other hand, THEY own the system, THEY get any incentives, and you pay them monthly for 20 or more years. If you choose to sell your home, it can be very difficult find a buyer who will assume your lease.
(Please note that EcoSmart designs systems ― for free ― that meet our customers’ specific needs. They don’t waste money on extra panels. And we connect our customers with $0-down, low-interest financing.)
Now you know why solar electricity is so much cheaper in the long run. To find out how much you can save, contact us today to talk to one of our solar consultants.